OCCUPATIONAL RISK PREVENTION, A SERVICE AT AYMA
You already know who we are. At AYMA we offer a wide range of services that distinguish leaders in the fields of mining, construction, professional training, corporate social responsibility and even the audiovisual industry. But there’s much more. Have we told you before about occupational risk prevention? Well, now the time has come. Let’s get a deeper look into this discipline so you don’t miss a single detail.
At AYMA we have an extensive professional background and along the way, we have acquired competencies that have allowed us to advance beyond the mining sector. Lean manufacturing programs, projects for basins for agricultural use and emergency plans and industrial projects are some of the fields in which we feel comfortable.
We don’t just take on anything that comes our way, but we advance towards new fields if we consider ourselves to be capable and if we make the ideal team for each new project. Here is where the area of risk prevention with Health and Safety research comes into play. Emergency plans and self-protection.
What is risk prevention?
First things first, let’s define occupational risk prevention. It’s a discipline that seeks to improve the health and safety of workers. To achieve this, an organization must take certain measures and develop the necessary activities to prevent risks derived from working conditions. The fundamental tool is risk assessment. An assessment developed by specialized technicians.
The frame of reference is Law 31/1995, of the 8th of November of 1995, of Occupational Risk Prevention. Occupational risk is understood as any possibility that a worker could suffer harm that is considered to be derived from the job being carried out. In other words, illnesses, pathologies or wounds which come as a consequence of a specific job.
Obligations of business owners
Turning to the Department of Labor, Migration and Social Security, we can determine the obligations that a business has, including public administration. The most important thing is to protect workers against risks in the workplace, guaranteeing health and safety in all aspects. How can this be done? Through the implementation of preventative action in the company. In this way, measures can be taken that integrate the general obligation of prevention in accordance with the following general principles:
- Avoid risks.
- Evaluate risks that cannot be avoided.
- Combat risks at their origin.
- Adapt the job to the person, especially when considering job positions, as well as team formation and working and production methods, with special attention to minimizing the number of monotonous and repetitive tasks and reducing the effect these tasks have on people’s health.
- Take the evolution of technique into account.
- Substitute anything that could be dangerous for things that pose little or no danger.
- Prevention planning, search for a coherent set of rules that integrate technique, the organization of tasks, working conditions, social relations and the influence of environmental factors at work.
- Adopt measures that give priority to collective protection over individual.
- Give necessary instructions to workers.
- Risk prevention in the workplace should be integrated into the general system of company management, both in its activities as well as in all levels of hierarchy, through the implementation and application of a risk management plan.
The essential instruments for the management and application of a risk management plan, which can be carried out in programmed phases, are the assessment of occupational risks and the planning of prevention action.
Would you like to know more about our occupational risk prevention services? Don’t hesitate to contact our specialists. Remember that with the best professionals, we form teams for each project, putting our most solid knowledge of each area at our clients’ service. All of our leading consultants have over 15 years of experience.