AYMA PARTICIPATES IN ‘WOMEN, MINING AND INDUSTRY’ SEMINAR
Among the challenges of mining of the 21stcentury includes placing importance on issues related to gender equality and the female labor participation in a sector where they are gaining more and more presence. Proof of this will be seen at the upcoming seminar, Women, mining and industry,which will take place November 7th, 2018 in the International Institute of San Telmo (Avda. de la Mujer Trabajadora, 1 / 48001 Seville).
The majority of those participating in the seminar are women professionals in the mining industry, and they are, without a doubt, all proof of the importance of women in the industry. Among the participating women is AYMA Mining Solutions’ director,Bárbara Gómez Delgado. Bárbara, who has more than 15 years of experience in the sector, founded AYMA in 2014 and since then has provided consultancy for mining projects, pyrotechnics in the audiovisual industry and specialized training for mining professionals.
Thisgathering of different professionals in the sector to talk about this topic is of an international nature. This initiative is of Canadian origin –The Canadian Embassy in Spain– that has been supported with the participation of the Regional Government of Andalusia in bringing it to Seville. The seminar will be from 9:00 until 18:15, when Javier Carnero Sierra, Employment counselor, Enterprise and Commerce, will close with a presentation called Mining Kit.
09:00 Participant registration
09:45 Gender equality in Canada
- Matthew Levin, Canadian Ambassador in Spain
09:50 Talent Management and Diversity in the Canadian and European mining sector
- Cynthia Le Sueur-Aquin, President of Women in Mining Canada (WIMC) and President of Laurion Mineral Exploration Inc.,
- Corina Hebestreit, General Director of EUROMINES
- Caroline Rossignol, Director, Sustainability and Social Performance, Lundin Mining
11:20 Coffee Break (Networking)
11:45 Mining and professions from the public and private perspective: promoting equal opportunities.
Moderator: Natalia González, general director of Industry, Energy and Mines of the Regional Government of Andalusia.
- Esther Marín, General Director, General Manager of Energy and Industrial and Mining Activity of Murcia.
- Maria de la Paz Curto Del Valle, Finance Administrator of MATSA
- Lorena García, Director of Legal Services and Institutional Relations, Cobre Las Cruces
- María Belarmina Diaz, General Director of Mines of Principado of Asturias
13:00 Mediation and its impact on promotions of professional careers in mining
Moderator: Brita Hektoen, Director Chair inWomen at the San Telmo Institute.
- Marie-Christine Frenette, Vice President and General Counsel – Africa; Kinross Gold Corporation
- Susana Bieberach, Marketing & Communications Manager, Geoalcali S.L.
- Guadalupe Collar, director of Geology of Oro Valle
- Barbara Gomez, director of AYMA Mining Solutions.
14:15 Lunch-Buffet (Networking)
15:45 The challenge of diversity in the industrial sector
Moderator: Esperanza Caro Gómez, General Manager of Economics and Commerce for the City Council of Seville.
- Marta Pérez Dorao, president of the Inspiring Girls Foundation.
- Carmen Quintero Calderón, director of MP Productividad, SA
- Beatriz Codes, Communications Manager, Southeast Region Coca Cola European Partners Iberia.
- Chaimae El Amri, managing director of Green Energy Resources and Primary Energy Metals.
17:00 Diversity and equal opportunities vs productivity. Professional profiles in the industry and gender identity.
Moderator: María Luisa de Contes d´Esgranges, General and Board of Directors Secretary of Renault Group in Spain, Director of RSC and Renault Foundation for Sustainable Mobility.
- Iain Anderson, managing director of Cobre Las Cruces
- Isabel González, director of Proyectos, Thyssenkrupp Elevator Innovation Center
- Javier Targhetta, president, Atlantic Copper and Senior Vice President Marketing & Sales, Freeport-McMoRan
- Fernanda Cardama, Maxam Global Head of HR, Organization and Communications.
18:15 Closing Remarks
Javier Carnero Sierra, Employment, Business and Commerce counselor (Presentation of Mining Kit)
View Program in PDF