AYMA COURSES IN 2018: THE NEXT LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE
AYMA´s course offering for 2018 consists of three seminars on complex negotiations and a course on mine ventilation. We also include the possibility of organizing posterior training modules. Create solutions for the specific needs of each client is the philosophy at AYMA Mining Solutions, providing unique and specific solutions to each individual problem.
Here we discuss the training that AYMA offers for 2018. Our course offerings may be expanded, in which case updated information will be provided. We offer this information not as in-company training, but as external courses where we invite employees of CLC. In the case that the company wants internal training, we would provide a specific offer according to your needs and anticipated attendees.
We propose two different training segments:
- Training for management, made up of three seminars to take place in the first semster of the year. Each seminar will be full-time and will last for two days.
- Seminar 1. Advanced negotiation
- Seminar 2. Strategic planning for negotiations
- Seminar 3. Negotiation tactics
- Training for technical staff: In the second semester of 2018 we offer the third edition of a week-long mine ventilation course.
The following is a summary of the content offered in the courses and seminars planned for this year. It is important to note that in the negotiation seminars, the dynamics of role play are implemented in the curriculum. These three seminars are projected to last for 2 days, with the schedule from 9:00 to 17:00. Illustrative examples will be provided depending on the type of negotiation and situation being studied, and attendees will engage in role plays in order to obtain practical skills.
The negotiation seminars will be delivered by Antonio L. Carrión Roncero, director with more than 20 years of experience in multinational companies (GM Group, ACS Group, Airbus, Deutsche Bahn) in the areas of production, engineering, Human Resources, Organizational Management, and Corporate Management. Mr. Carrión is an expert negotiator, trained and certified as “Advanced Negotiator” in the Negotiation Institute of Zurich.
The course on ventilation uses theory and practical aspects to strengthen knowlegde, including resolving problems in a group, presentation of solutions to the group, and the use of specific software. The course lasts for 5 working days, with a schedule from 8:30 to 17:00.
The ventilation course will be taught by mining engineer Rick Brake, who has more than 40 years of experience in the mining industry. Currently, his work is centered on consulting and training. He has worked as a consultant for underground mines all over the world and has collaborated as an expert in various projects. He has more than 60 technical publications in the areas of ventilation, extraction, thermal stress, air quality management, and underground mining conditions. In 2017, he received an award from the Society of Mining Engineers (SME) for his work on mine ventilation, being the first non-North American person to receive this award.
- ADVANCED NEGOTIATIONS
The objective of the advanced negotiations seminar is to learn and to perfect the necessary skills to handle complex negotiations and create deadlocks and how to lead strategies and tactics for these types of negotiations. The attendees will receive training on the Role of the Leader in Negotiations and on the Role of the Decision Maker.
- Learn how to:
- Control yourself and your opponent
- Control extreme situations
- Analyze your opponent and yourself
- Create negotiation impasse
- Define a strategy
- Negotiate in a practical way
- Negotiate in a consistent way
More specifically, the content of the seminar of Advanced Negotations consists of the following:
- Objetive – Strategy – Tactics.
- Define objectives.
- Strategy in the face of intuition.
- Tactics for success.
- The emotional aspect.
- Handling unjustified demands.
- Dealing with threats.
- Analyze the other side.
- Identify motives for positions.
- Lead the negotiation.
- Negotiating with the irrational.
- Composure under stress.
- Negotiation team.
- Establish a negotiation team.
- Negotiate with groups.
- Recognize and control manipulation tactics.
- Breaking a deadlock.
- Recognize threats.
- Recognize common ground and disagreements.
- Agreement and Breakdown.
- How to handle a breakdown in negotiation
- STRATEGIC PLANNING IN NEGOTIATIONS
The objective of this seminar is to learn to plan necessary strategies in order to achieve success in the negotiation process. Attendees will be taught how to plan negotiation strategies for exerting pressure, avoidance, associating, abandoning, etc.
- How important is closing the deal?
- What are the mutual interests?
- How is the relationship with the opponent?
- What is the relation of power?
- Analyze possible scenarios
- Avoidance tactics
- NEGOTIATION TACTICS
There are many types of negotiation tactics. Tactics are the implementation of the strategies followed during a negotiation. They are actions.
The objective of this seminar is to learn various tactics to use as tools to support a strategy. A series of tactics that can be used for different situations that arise in the negotiation process will be taught through practical and hands-on training.
- A firm handshake is also a negotiation tactic.
- A set of tactics. Practical application.
- Analyze the possible scenarios and choose appropriate tools.
- Learn distraction, confusion, avoidance, and stalling tactics.
- Tactics and negotiator personality.
- MINE VENTILATION
The objective of the course is to provide in-depth knowledge of the theory, techniques, and processes of ventilation in underground mines, applied to hard rock mining. To do so, the course content has been divided in the following segments:
- Basic concepts
- Roles and responsibilities
- Basic concepts in math, physics, chemistry, statistics, electro technology
- Gases, composition, laws, TLVs, mixes, diffusion
- Air quality
- Monitor, measure, and control level of: blasting gases and re-entry times Monoxide gases/fumes/particulate gas emissions, diesel, Radon gas, Dust, and Trigger limits
- Emergencias relacionadas con la ventilación de mina
- Pressure and loss of pressure
- Basic design of ventilation fans
- Main aspects of mine ventilation
- Ventilation pressure and testing. Laws on ventilation fans. Types of fans
- Theory of ventilation networks
- Lamina resistance for proper functioning of the fan
- Offers, specifications, and selection of fans
- Aspects of ventilation control and operation of fans
- Efficient air ducts sizing
- Measures of P/V/T. Developments and ventilation of mobile equipment.
- Auxiliary ventilation: types, systems, design
- Ventilation production for different mining methods.
- Ventilation production and fixed facilities
- Ventilation design for underground infrastuctures
- Ventilation controls
- Psychometry and thermal load
- Heat stress
- Monitoring, measuring, good practices, error search, audits
PLACES AND DATES
FIRST SEMESTER OF 2018: Seminars for management
Advanced negotiations: March
Strategic business planning: May
Negotiation tactics: June 2.
SECOND SEMESTER OF 2018: Courses for technical employees
Course on mine ventilation: September. AYMA facility at industrial park PISA.